Adlabs Imagica is a theme park near Mumbai located on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway. The park is owned and operated by Adlabs Entertainment Limited (AEL), promoted by Manmohan Shetty.The Rs 1,600-crore theme park opened in April 2013. It offers entertainment, dining, shopping and accommodation. The park can accommodate as many as 20,000 visitors. Shetty is targeting to host over 3 million visitors in the first year of operations. The park will feature 21 original attractions, including a ride based on the Bollywood film Mr. India whose CGI is done by Prana Studios, India's biggest roller coaster, and a 300-room hotel and water park.
In total there are 19 rides & attractions. Major rides & attractions include the following:
- Nitro (Adlabs Imagica) (Roller coaster - India's biggest roller coaster currently under construction)
- Gold rush express (Roller coaster)
- Dare 2 drop (Drop Tower ride)
- Scream Machine (Pendulum ride)
- Rajasaurus river adventure (Water ride)
- Mr. India (Motion simulator ride)
- Wrath of Gods
- I for India
- Cinema 360
- Deep Space
- Curse of Salimgarh
Park Tickets & Timings
For the launch period until 30 April 2013, the park is offering tickets at Rs 1,200 for adults and Rs 900 for children on weekdays. On weekends and holidays during the launch period, tickets will cost Rs 1,500 for adults and Rs 1,200 for children. 'Fast track' access to select top attractions during weekends will cost Rs 2,200 for adults and Rs 1,900 for children, the release stated. Starting 1 May 2013, ticket prices will be increased further by around Rs 300 up to Rs 800 per ticket.
Park hours are from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., with rides and attractions operating until 7:30 p.m upto 30 April 2013. From 1 May, 2013 to 15 June, 2013 park is open from 11am to 9pm. All rides and attractions will operate till 8pm only.
Road Directions from Mumbai to Adlabs Imagica
- From Mumbai travel to Navi Mumbai (Vashi, Palm Beach Road, Belapur, Kharghar, Kalamboli) and get onto the Mumbai Pune Expressway (NH4, Yashwantrao Chawan Express way).
- Exit the Mumbai-Poona Expressway at the Khalapur Toll Plaza (Khopoli Toll Naka). The Khalapur Toll Naka is on the left. Distance from start of the Mumbai Pune Express way, at Kalamboli (McDonald's), to Khalapur/Khapoli exit, is 33.5 Km.
- 0.5 Km from the Expressway Khopoli Exit, the road splits into two. The North Road (left) goes to Khopoli and Khalapur towns. Take the South Road (Sharp right). This is the Khopoli - Pali Road (State Highway 92).
- To reach Adlabs Imagic travel straight south for 3.7 Km on the "Khopoli Pali" Road.
Road Directions from Pune to Adlabs Imagica
- From Pune reach the Mumbai - Pune Expressway. Cross Urse/Talegaon Toll Naka on the Expressway.
- Next destination is Khopoli in the North. This can be reached in two ways.
- Khopoli road route is to take the Lonavala Exit and travel to Khapoli on the old Mumbai - Pune Highway (NH47).
- Second (and better) Khopoli route is to Cross the Lonavala and Khandala Ghat Section on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and at the end of the ghat, as the road is reaching flat land, there is an exit to Khapoli on the left.
- Keep travelling West and cross Khopoli. Travel west until you reach Khapoli - Pali Road (State Highway 92). Hotel Shree Krishna is the landmark. Turn straight South on the Pali - Khopoli Road and Imagica is 4.0 Km away.